Bitwise contributed to a Fortune 500 financial services company by building an enterprise-wide application which automates document approval or campaign management using SharePoint. The automated approval system maintains more consistency, reduces backlogs, and streamlines the approval and control process.
Client Challenges and Requirements
Manual routing of documents caused issues:
- 18000 person hours wasted each year in aggregating the comments/annotations on copy approval.
- 2920 person hours wasted each year in moving copy approval papers around the office.
- 10 days required for submission of data for each audit query.
- Manual copy approvals used approx. 200,000 pieces of paper (24 trees) per year costing approx. $2400 per year.
- Client needed intelligence report to track turnaround time of document approvals.
Bitwise designed a configurable system with a rich set of functions that allow you to configure your document approval or campaign management system. Direct features include configurable approval options, multi-document approval, multi-stage approval, role-based views, color-coded dashboards, and the ability to create dynamic approval groups. In addition, users belonging to different roles are able to access a simplified viewing interface, which reduces user training. Additional specific features include: